Personal Data is information that does or may identify you.
You do not have to share your Personal Data with us, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or answer any enquiry you may have.
We may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources. These include:
Personal Data you provide to us directly
This will include:
- The information you provide when you place an order;
- When you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or information about our products, offers and promotions;
- When you complete a survey or to enter one of our competitions;
- When you submit an enquiry.
- Some of the Personal Data we collect may be sensitive information. This might include information about your race, gender, age or health. We will only collect this information with your explicit consent.
Information collected automatically
This helps us ensure that we deliver relevant content to you and to better understand what is of genuine interest to you.
Personal data from other sources
We collect personal data from other sources including third-party platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third party when we jointly offer services or products.
If you are a minor, then you must review this policy with the adult who has parental responsibility for you.
Where any of our websites are intended for use by younger people, we will obtain explicit consent from the person with parental responsibility before any Personal Data is requested. We acknowledge that the age at which the consent of the parent will need to be obtained varies from country to country.
How we use your personal data
We only collect, process and disclose your Personal Data for specific and limited purposes. These include:
- To administer any order you have placed with us
- To administer any competition that you may have entered;
- To send you Brand newsletters;
- To provide you with information about Brand products and offers that we believe will be on genuine interest to you;
- To direct you to content within our site that we think is relevant to you;
- To provide tailored product recommendations and targeted advertising based on what you have shared with us;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features, survey or quizzes on our site;
- To share with associate brands where they offer services or products we think may be of interest to you;
- To answer any enquiry you may send to us;
- To authenticate that we are talking to the right person should we need to get in touch with you;
- To help us to understand and react to the changing interests and needs of our consumers so that we can improve our websites and our products.
- Where required, we will obtain your consent to process your Personal Data. Where you have given consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
How we share your personal data
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third party.
We share your Personal Data internally within SLG and with selected third parties in the following circumstances:
- To courier and logistics providers who ship products you may have ordered, or to ship samples or prizes.
- With payment processors who administer secure payment options.
- With parties who host and process Personal Data on our behalf in accordance always with applicable laws and regulations;
- To partners with whom we collaborate on competitions and events;
- With other businesses within the SLG group of companies (who will become a joint-controller of your Personal Data) for operational and legitimate business reasons.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your Personal Data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your Personal Data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you have purchased one of our products online, we will keep your Personal Data related to the purchase, so we can perform the specific contract you have entered and after that, we will keep the Personal Data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase.
Your rights as a data subject
This is a summary of your rights relating to the Personal Data we hold about you.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this charter.
The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your Personal Data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out below.
The right to data portability. The Personal Data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data. If you wish to delete the Personal Data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint Information Commissioners Office about how we process our Personal Data.
The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the details below.
Rights related to automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to any decision which is based solely on automated processing in certain circumstances.
If you wish to contact us about your Personal Data, including where you wish to withdraw consent or restrict certain processing activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.